Terms and Conditions for Entry
EGX strives to provide an inclusive, family-friendly environment for its events where attendees, exhibitors and staff can enjoy their shared passion for videogames at all times.
Therefore, EGX asks that you respect the event terms and conditions (“the Ts & Cs”) as laid out herein, in particular the following:
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated at or during any EGX event. Harassment includes, without limitation, verbal abuse, discrimination, threats of violence, ‘trolling’, any other form of intimidation and filming or photographing any people against their wishes.
- Filming and photography is acceptable at an EGX events, but, if any exhibitor or member of staff asks you not to record footage of certain games, you should do as requested and cease recording footage or taking photographs. For the avoidance of doubt, any footage or photographs taken by you are for your personal use only and are not to be used or exploited for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
- You should respect fellow attendees. For the game stations that are not staffed, it is recommend that the next person waiting to play gets his or her chance after no more than 15 minutes.
- The taking of any illegal drugs is expressly prohibited, while anyone who, in the reasonable opinion of the organisers, is considered to be inebriated may be asked to leave the venue immediately.
Should you break the above policy…
Event security will locate you, your wristband will be taken away and you will be escorted from the venue. No refund will be issued, you will be banned from all future EGX events and, where appropriate, the police will be contacted.
If you feel somebody has broken this policy
Please speak to a staff member (they are in green EGX t-shirts) or visit the organisers’ office. A formal written report of the complaint will be taken and the complaint will be investigated immediately.
- EGX is a public, family-friendly event. Activities deemed dangerous or illegal will not be tolerated.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry on any reasonable grounds.
- Random bag searches will take place at the entrance and exit of the event.
- Under 10s can attend free of charge, but this offer is limited to one child per ticket paying adult.
- Children under 16 years of age will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One parent or guardian can accompany a group of under 16s up to a maximum of six (6) in number per parent or guardian.
- Anyone who appears to be under 16 years of age may, if unaccompanied by an adult, be asked to provide photographic ID when collecting his or her entrance band.
- Some of the games and sessions are restricted to attendees who are aged 18 and over. If you appear to be under 18 years of age, you may need to provide ID to access these features.
- Nobody under the age of 18 is allowed in any designated “over 18” area of the event. This includes attendees aged under 18 who are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- 'Booth babes' and the concept thereof are not acceptable at EGX events. Exhibitors should consult the exhibitors' manual for further details.
- Ticket holders hereby consent to being filmed, sound recorded and photographed in their capacity as attendees. By attending the event you agree to being filmed and photographed and waive any claims for breach of privacy or any other cause of action, provided always that any images taken by the event organisers or the exhibitors or any other person may be used for marketing or promotional purposes and not for any specific commercial gain. For the avoidance of doubt, attendees under the age of 16 who are accompanied by a parent or guardian are deemed to have had consent to being filmed, sound recorded and photographed as outlined herein given on their behalf by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- Weapons brought into the event as part of a “cosplay” costume are subject to checks at the main entrance. The organisers reserve the right to confiscate and retain any weapons deemed dangerous or inappropriate. Any retained items will be returned to you as you leave the venue.
- The organisers will ensure that the website advertising the event shall be as accurate as possible at all times, but, if last minute changes to the show floor games and developer sessions are required, the organisers have the right, at their absolute discretion, to amend details of the event and notify attendees at the event itself.
- If you have any problems or questions, please check the FAQ or contact us.
Standard Ticket Holders
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Only tickets purchased via this website are guaranteed to ensure entry to the ticket holders. Tickets purchased from a third party may be invalid and you could be refused entry.
- Press passes are NOT transferable. When attending the event with a press pass, you will need to provide photo ID matching the name on the press pass.
- Please ensure that each person wishing to attend using a press pass fills out a separate application. This includes all camera operators, etc.
- Press passes DO NOT guarantee entry to the developer sessions. Press attendees should queue for these sessions as normal.
- Successful press pass applications for previous EGX events do not guarantee press admittance for this event.
- Press passes grant free entry to EGX and, if your application is approved, you do not need to purchase a ticket in addition.
EGX will use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other Data Protection Legislation, including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended.
- EGX may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to EGX.net (such as your name, email address and contact details) when you purchase tickets or sign up to EGX.net
- EGX may also record which parts of EGX.net and services you are interested in as well as user traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used to:
- process your User Content and your subscription to EGX.net and to enable your use of EGX.net and associated services;
- open and run your account and provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
- administer prize draws;
- generally run EGX.net;
- send you newsletters and alerts when you sign up for or subscribe to them.
- By subscribing and submitting your data you agree to this use.
- From time to time EGX shall also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
- Save as outlined above, EGX will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, EGX is registered with the Information Commissioner.
- If you believe EGX has information about you that you do not want EGX to have or that is incorrect, please contact EGX as described below and EGX shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- EGX gives you a choice whether or not you want EGX or other reputable companies to contact you about future offers, events and new services or related activities that you may find useful. EGX will not sell or trade personal information to other companies but EGX would like to keep you informed of the developments on EGX.net and certain other content and EGX would like to share data with other reputable companies who may have interesting offers and information for you (inside or outside the EU).
- EGX will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
- If you do not disable "cookies", EGX.net will ask for and store details including your name and email address and may automatically insert certain information on submission forms so that you can use EGX.net with less form filling in the future.
All email and other communications sent by EGX and attachments thereto are intended only for the addressee(s) and/or others authorised to receive them.
If you have any questions about the Ts & Cs, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, you should contact email@example.com