Code of Conduct
EGX events strive to provide an inclusive, family-friendly environment where attendees, exhibitors and staff can enjoy our shared passion for videogames at all times. Therefore, we ask that you respect the following event rules:
- "Don't be a jerk" - if you follow this, you won't go too far wrong.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated during EGX events. Harassment includes verbal abuse, discrimination, threats of violence, ‘trolling’, any other form of intimidation and filming or photographing people against their wishes.
- Filming and photography is acceptable at EGX events. However, exhibitors may ask you not to record footage of certain games and we ask that you respect their wishes.
- Please respect fellow attendees. For the game stations that are not staffed we recommend letting someone else play after about 15 minutes.
- Don't do drugs (or get too drunk!)
Should you break this policy
Event security will locate you, your wristband will be taken away and you will be escorted from the venue. No refund will be issued, you will be banned from all future EGX events and, where appropriate, the police will be contacted.
If you feel somebody has broken this policy
Please speak to a staff member (they are in green EGX t-shirts) or visit the organisers office. We will take a written report of the complaint and investigate immediately.
Enjoy the show! X
- Please remember that EGX is a public, family-friendly event. Activities deemed dangerous or illegal will not be tolerated.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry.
- Random bag searches will take place at the entrance and exit of the event.
- Under 10s can attend free of charge, however, this offer is limited to one child per ticket paying adult.
- If you are under 16 years of age, you will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One parent or guardian can accompany a group of under 16s.
- If you appear to be under 16 and you aren't with a parent or guardian, you will be asked to provide photographic ID when collecting your entrance band.
- Some of the games and sessions are restricted to attendees aged 18 and over. If you appear to be under 18 you will need to provide ID to access these features.
- Nobody under the age of 18 is allowed in the over 18 area of the event. This includes attendees aged under 18 who are acompanied by a parent or guardian.
- 'Booth babes' are not acceptable at EGX events. Exhibitors should consult the exhibitors' manual for further details.
- Ticket holders consent to being filmed, sound recorded and photographed as attendees. By attending the event you agree to being filmed and photographed. These images may be used for marketing or promotional purposes.
- Weapons brought into the event as part of a cosplay costume are subject to checks at the main entrance. We reserve the right to retain any weapons deemed dangerous or inappropriate. Any retained items will be returned to you as you leave. Please see the cosplay page for more information.
- Please note, we strive to make sure that this website is as accurate as possible, however, last minute changes to the show floor games and developer sessions are likely.
- If you have any problems or questions, please check the FAQ or contact us.
Standard Ticket Holders
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Only tickets purchased via this website are guaranteed entry. Tickets purchased from a third party may be invalid and you could be refused entry.
- Press passes are NOT transferable. When attending the event you will need to provide photo ID matching the name on the press pass.
- Please ensure each staff member wishing to attend fills out a separate application. This includes camera operators etc.
- Press passes DO NOT guarantee entry to the developer sessions. Press attendees should queue for these sessions as normal.
- Successful press pass applications for previous EGX events do not guarantee press admittance for this event.
- Press passes grant free entry to EGX, if your application is approved you do not need to purchase a ticket in addition.
EGX will use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- EGX may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to EGX.net (such as your name, email address and contact details) when you purchase tickets or sign up to EGX.net
- EGX may also record which parts of EGX.net and services you are interested in as well as user traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used to:
- process your User Content and your subscription to EGX.net and to enable your use of EGX.net and associated services;
- open and run your account and provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
- administer prize draws;
- generally run EGX.net;
- send you newsletters and alerts when you sign up for or subscribe to them.
- By subscribing and submitting your data you agree to this use.
- From time to time EGX also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
- EGX will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, EGX is registered with the Information Commissioner [notification number TBC].
- If you believe EGX has information about you that you do not want EGX to have or that is incorrect, please contact EGX as described below and EGX shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- EGX gives you a choice whether or not you want EGX or other reputable companies to contact you about future offers, events and new services or related activities that you may find useful. EGX won't sell or trade personal information to other companies but EGX would like to keep you informed of the developments on EGX.net and certain Content and EGX would like to share data with other reputable companies who may have interesting offers and information for you (inside or outside the EU).
- EGX will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
- If you don't disable "cookies" EGX.net will ask for and store details including name and email address and may automatically insert certain information on the Content submission forms so that you can use EGX.net with less form filling.
All email and other communications sent by EGX and attachments thereto are intended only for the addressee and/or others authorised to receive them.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this comments system policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact email@example.com