Valve developer session confirmed, first playable games revealed
Wednesday December 17, 2014
We're delighted to bring you the news that Valve's Chet Faliszek will be making the trip to EGX Rezzed to present a developer session. The session's content is under wraps for now but we're as excited as you are to find out more so look out for further details in January.
We can also reveal the first exhibitors and playable games for 2015's event. ArenaNet, Devolver Digital and Versus Evil are among the first companies to have signed up with many more still to come. Below you'll find the first batch of games confirmed for EGX Rezzed 2015 along with a link giving you more information on each.
- Adventure Box. City building multiplayer RPG.
- Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma. Follow up to 2009's gory brawler.
- Armikrog. Point and click adventure game from the makers of Earthworm Jim.
- Big Pharma. Strategy game that puts you in charge of a pharmaceutical company.
- Broforce. Chaotic side scrolling shooter with destructible environments.
- CloneSpace. Epic space trading game with an Asteroids aesthetic.
- Eternal Step. Rogue-like tower game with no end.
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2. Strategy game featuring massive battles between huge fleets of spaceships.
- Habitat. Save humankind by constructing space stations.
- Heat Signature. A game where you can go inside the spaceships.
- Kyn. RPG with team-based combat and a vast world to explore.
- Not a Hero. 2D cover shooter from Roll7 the makers of Olli Olli.
- Omega Agent. Strap on your nuclear powered jetpack and blast around a city filled with daring missions.
- Prison Architect. Construction and management game that puts you in charge of a prison.
- RPG Tycoon. Simulation game that puts you in control of a newly established kingdom.
- The Banner Saga. Viking themed tactical RPG from Stoic.
- The Room Three. Mind-bending puzzle game from Fireproof Games.
- Titan Souls. Shadow of the Colossus meets Dark Souls.
- Toren. Adventure game built around an epic poem and exploring ideas surrounding the meaning of life.
There's lots of EGX Rezzed content still to come so check back in the new year when we'll reveal more playable games and developer sessions. Keep up to date by following us on twitter and facebook.
Submissions for the EGX Rezzed 2015 Leftfield Collection now open
Thursday November 27, 2014
We're pleased to announce that we are now accepting submissions for the EGX Rezzed 2015 Leftfield Collection!
The Leftfield Collection, sponsored by SEGA and curated by David Hayward, provides a free platform for indie developers to show their latest projects. Games that have featured in previous collections and have gone on to enjoy success include Thomas Was Alone, Joe Danger and Don't Starve.
Although exhibiting in the Leftfield Collection is free, space is extremely limited and the competition will be fierce. If you have a game you'd like to submit please complete the following form.
The deadline for submissions is the 16th January and the winning games will be revealed shortly after. If you have any questions about the submissions process please contact David Hayward. Please do not submit your game via email! Submissions will only be accepted via the online form.
What's the difference between EGX Rezzed and EGX?
Thursday October 2, 2014
Many of you will have experienced EGX, our blockbuster event that most recently took place at Earls Court last September, but lots of you won't have attended an EGX Rezzed event before. So what's the difference?
Probably the biggest difference is the size of the event. EGX is huge, recently occupying two full floors of London's Earls Court. By comparison, EGX Rezzed 2015 will take place in a much more intimate venue, Tobacco Dock. While EGX attracted 75,000 visitors over four days, we've capped EGX Rezzed tickets at 15,000 over three days.
The other major difference between the two is in terms of content. The bulk of the EGX show floor is made up of big name blockbuster console games. Due to the way release schedules work EGX Rezzed has a stronger focus on PC and indie titles although some console games will be present. Most games at EGX Rezzed will be exhibited by the people who made them so it's a great place to chat directly to developers.
Due to the smaller venue you're unlikely to find many of the features you've seen at EGX. Cosplay, tournaments, the art gallery etc are unlikely to be represented at EGX Rezzed, however, you'll still find the developer sessions, the GamesIndustry Fair and the Leftfield Collection.
Although smaller than its older brother, EGX Rezzed is a great event for playing games, meeting developers and hanging out with friends. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Tickets now on sale for EGX Rezzed 2015
Thursday October 2, 2014
We're delighted to announce that tickets for EGX Rezzed 2015 are available now!
Taking place on the 12th-14th March at Tobacco Dock in London, EGX Rezzed is a more intimate affair than its older brother, EGX. It's no less cool though, with stacks of pre-release games available to play and with slightly more focus on PC and indie titles.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to take in presentations from well known game designers during the developer sessions, get careers advice at the GamesIndustry Fair and chat to developers on the show floor.
Our partnership with BAFTA (details of which you can find in the previous blog post) also brings the event a unique feature which we're hugely excited about. Don't delay, get your tickets here!
EGX Rezzed partners with BAFTA
Thursday October 2, 2014
EGX Rezzed 2015 will host the British Academy Games Awards as part of a partnership with BAFTA.
The first day of Rezzed (Thursday 12th March) will close with the British Academy Games Awards ceremony.
We've introduced a special BAFTA ticket type for gamers who would like to take part. For £50 you'll receive a ticket to EGX Rezzed on Thursday, access to a drinks reception after Rezzed closes and a ticket to the British Academy Games Awards. You can purchase this special pass via our tickets page.